Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2014.2.25

It was fine.

The cherry blossoms of the station were blooming about 50 percent and very beautiful.  The name of this type of the cherry blossom is Kawazu zakura (河津桜) and the color is vivid pink.  The season is earlier and lasts longer compared to the typical cherry blossoms called Somei Yoshino (ソメイヨシノ) which usually bloom from the end of March to early April.  In my town there is a road planted about 1000 Kawazu zakura at both sides and we have Cherry blossom festival from February 15 to March 15.  I saw some people walking along the road viewing flowers.

Today I went to Tokyo to do something. After the first and main thing finished I went to the seminar and I happened to see my friend and her friend whom I wanted to see.  So we went to coffee shop to chat.  There I ate a piece of cake named Sakura (Cherry blossom) Chiffon cake.  
After that I went to see a movie "Hours" which dealt with Hurricane Katrina in 2005.  The rescue story after the big natural disaster reminded me of the Great East Japan Earthquake and the recent big snowfall.  There must be similar medical emergency happened here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment