Wednesday, August 7, 2013

2013.8.7

Today is risshu (立秋), one of nijyushisekki (二十四節季), the 24 solar terms.  The last one was taisho (大暑) on July 23 and the next one is shosho (処暑) on Aug. 23.
Risshu literally means stand fall, it is the first day of autumn.  But it is just on the calendar, and it is still very hot and humid.
Today I went to dentist who is my classmate from high school in Miura kaigan (三浦海岸).  I have had a toothache on my left molar for 10 days or so and decided to visit him finally.  It seems it became a cavity.  I need to go there for several times to have treatment. 
There was a fireworks festival in Miura kaigan tonight.  I really love to see the fireworks festival.  So I went to the beach to see them after that.  The weather was fine, not too hot and there was no wind.  I could see the beautiful fireworks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment