Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012.12.29

The first day of 6 days year-end and New Year holidays ( 年末年始: nenmatsu nenshi).  How long do you have?  What will you do? This time if you take one additional day off on Jan. 4, you will have 9 days off in Japan so that many people started traveling.  However I cannot do so because I have a new program starting from January 7 and January 4 is the only new year day I can prepare for the program at the office.
Today we installed the new high tech toilet.  There was something wrong with that for 3 weeks or so and the seat could not be warmed up, therefore we decided to buy the new one and the construction was done today.  I am glad to have it.  Japanese high tech toilet is really nice.  I recommend you to use it someday.
After lunch I cleaned the front garden after a long interval to welcome the new year.  Then Father and I went grocery shopping.  We bought many goods for new years such as some seasonal dishes called osechiryori (お節料理), decoration (注連飾り:shimekazari) for the front door, rice cake decoration called kagamimochi (鏡餅), rice cakes, and flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment