Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012.12.25

Merry Christmas!
How did you spend Christmas this year?
In Japan it is not a holiday and I went to work as usual.  At lunch time I had lunch with 10 colleagues at a Japanese restaurant.  Two of them will leave the office at the end of this year, therefore it was a farewell lunch for them .  It is very difficult to make a reservation for the lunch time.  So we went to the one we often use for lunch party.  Everyone ordered what they wanted to eat, and I ordered butashabu (豚しゃぶ) , hot pot pork dish.  Buta is pork, and shabushabu (しゃぶしゃぶ) is a name of popular winter pot dish.
I was an organizer and invited them as "Christmas lunch" so I presented the attendance candy cane candies which I got as my Christmas presents from American best friend.  They enjoyed that special small treatment for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment