Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2012.2.29

The last day of February. Once in 4 years. We call the leap year "uruu doshi (うるう年)" in Japanese.

It started snowing in the night, and in the morning it has been piled about 8 cm or so on the car roof. I tried to drive, but it was snowing heavily, and I gave up driving this morning. So I had to walk to the station. And trains were delayed for 5 minutes or so.
In Tokyo it was also snowing but not so much as my home town which is very rare because where I live has very warm climate usually.
It stopped snowing in the afternoon, and when I got out of the office at night, there were little snow left on the street.
When I got to my station, there was only one taxi left, and I was lucky to catch the one. There were some snow left under the roof around my house, but most of snow has been already melted.
There were earthquakes in the afternoon and night today.

No comments:

Post a Comment