Thursday, February 23, 2012

2012.2.23

It was cold and rained.

After work I went to join the party of the Brunei's 28th National Day. There were so many people invited. Before entering the room, the ambassador was standing at the entrance, and everyone greeted one by one. I think it took more than 30 minutes for all the guests to enter.
Many people of Bruneian are Muslim, therefore I was wondering what kinds of foods were arranged. Choices of the drink was either oolong tea or cider. Unfortunately most foods were gone before I could try. Especially the sushi counter looked very popular.
I am not sure how the party started. There was a stage and many flower stands in front but while I was there, there was no speech nor performance.
Before leaving everyone tried to talk with the ambassador to say congratulations and thank you and take a memorial photo with him. He was very kind enough to do so for everyone wished.
There was a gift bag which included a 600 ml bottle of water, snack, and a tumbler.
Usually the Japanese pet bottle is 500 ml, therefore it was the first time for me to see that bottle size.
Besides those who I knew, I had a chance to talk with English and German.

It was our Crown Prince's 52nd birthday today.

No comments:

Post a Comment