Saturday, August 13, 2011

8月13日(hachigatsu jyusan nichi): August 13

It is Obon (お盆) now. Obon is the time when the spirits of the ancestors come back home. At this time many people go back to their home town to visit the graves of ancestors. Father and I went to the graveyard of my mother.
In the afternoon I had a luxurious lunch with friends from high school tennis club. It's been 5 years since we got together last time. Then we went to the very nice restaurant to have tea and cake for my friend's birthday.
After that my friend and I decided to attend the general OB meeting of our high school tennis club. It's been 20 years since I attended there last. At that time we had played tennis together once a month or more, but I have not played tennis these days.
After the meeting three of us went to have something to eat. It is nice to have someone who had the same experience because they are the only people we can share the same memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment