Friday, February 11, 2011

2月11日(nigatsu jyuichi nichi): February 11

February 11 is a national holiday caled kenkoku kinen no hi (建国記念の日), the National Foundation Day.
It was sleeting, snowing, and raining again and very cold.
I went to see three movies. The first one was Social Network. It is a story of the founder of Facebook. I also use the Facebook. So it was interesting to know how it started. In today's paper they say in China the movie is not released but the Facebook itself is used by 700,000 people. In December it has only about 100,000 users.
The second one is a Japanese movie, boku to tsuma no 1778 no monogatari (僕と妻の1778の物語), 1778 stories between me and my wife. It is a story of a SF writer whose wife got cancer and he decided to write an interesting story for her every day to improve her immunity system against cancer by laughing. At first the doctor said he was not sure if she could live more than one year, but she lived 5 years longer after all. It was a true story and very moving one.
The third one is Wall Street. It is a story of a sales person of the brokerage firm and his fiance and her father. The figure of money is too much and I felt it is a story of the different world. I went to see with friends for their birthday presents. I am glad to know that they liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment