Friday, October 1, 2010

十月一日(jyugatsu tsuitachi): October 1

A new month has begun. October is jyugatsu (十月) in Japanese. The old name is Kannaduki (神無月), literally god no month. In this month all the gods get together in Izumotaisha (出雲大社), Izumo shrine, there are no gods in other area. Therefore in Izumo area they say Kamiariduki (神在月), literally god exists month.

I arrived at Narita airport around 4PM after 11 hours flight. Unfortunately one of my baggage did not arrive with me. On the turn table there was my name on the signboard and I went to the desk. It seems the bag was left behind at Los Angeles. There is the same flight every day. They said it will arrive tomorrow. There I talked about the suitcase damage and the story and they offered the repair.
I came home and enjoyed the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment