Friday, October 15, 2010

十月十五日(jyugatsu jyugo nichi): October 15

I went to see the movie Knight & Day. The Japanese title is ナイト&デイ (naito ando dei). Until I bought the ticket, I thought it was Night & Day. Knight and night are pronounced as ナイト (naito) in Japanese.
The movie was very interesting.
Since I have lived in Seville, Spain before, I was glad to see the scenes of Seville. But why San Fermin? San Fermin is the festival in Pamplona. It is a movie so everything is possible. But I felt American people's image of Spain must be bullfighting.
Through movies many people get the image of countries. So stereotyped foreigners' Japanese people' s image was used be wearing glasses and taking pictures. In a sense it was true, but not all. What is your image of Japanese people now?

No comments:

Post a Comment