Friday, October 29, 2010

十月二十九日(jyugatsu nijyuku nichi) : October 29

I went out for dinner to the Mongolian Restaurant in Ryogoku (両国). Ryogoku is famous for sumo (相撲) wrestling. Sumo is a national traditional sports, but these days the strongest wrestlers are from Mongolia. The restaurant is run by a mother of the sumo wrestler from Mongolia.
It was the first time for me to eat that country food. First I drank milk tea. It was quite different from the one I always drink as milk tea. It tasted salty and it was like soup. A big cup of tea was only yen 100, and a big pot of tea was only yen 800.
There were 9 of us including two native Mongolians and we ordered many dishes. All was delicious. It cost very cheap. I learned many interesting Mongolian characteristics tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment