Tuesday, August 18, 2020

2020.8.17

It was fine and extremely hot even if I used the air-conditioning.
They say in Hamamatsu it went up to over 40 degrees centigrade.

Today is my father's 5th year death anniversary whichi is called meinuchi (命日).Meinichi literally means life day, but actually means dead day.

I still remember the day quite well. It was a very hot day and I was in the summer vacation. I was washing the windows and mesh screen doors of the second floors at the balcony. I did not have my smartphone with me while washing and I did not notice the calls from the hospital. So I could not be with him at his last time. Not only me but also anybody. He was alive when my brother visited him in the morning. When the nurse went to his room, he had already passed away.

He got a stomache cancer and had surgery to take out all the stomache and other organs at the age of 53. He overcame the cancer but had serveral diseases and died at the age of 80.

He has been my hero for a long time. He inspired me a lot. I wish he is still alive!

May his soul rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment