Monday, September 21, 2020

2020.9.21

It was fine. 

Today is a national holiday called keiro no hi (敬老の日), Respect for the aged day. It used to be on September 15, and later it became on the third Monday of September, but this year is exceptional because of the Olympics and Paralympics though they weren't held.

I started the day ss usual, checked out the hotel at 7 am and headed for Nagahama to take a ferry to Chikubushima island which is the second largest island in the Lake Biwa, the biggest lake in Japan.

I was going to take a 9 am ferry, but since I did not book I could not get on, and I took 10:10 ferry instead. While waiting I walked around the Nagahama castle and the Lake Biwa.

In the Chikubushina island I visited some temples and shrines. There was a long line waiting for the red stamp called goshuin (御朱印).
I enjoyed staying at the island about for two hours and took a ferry to go to Imadu at 12:30.

After that I took a train to go to Hiyoshi taisha shrine, which is the head of all Hie shrine, Hiyoshi shrine, and Sanno shrine scattered in Japan for 3,800 places. There were many shrines in the precincts.

After that I got on the longest cable in Japan up to Mt. Hiei. It's been a long time, may be when I was a junior high school student since I went there last.
I could not see many there but enjoyed the sceneries.

I came down by 5 pm cable and took Keihan line to Otsukyo and changed to JR and came back to the hotel in Kyoto to pick up the luggage.

After that I came to Osaka.

My free book campaign started. I hope many people will enjoy my photo book.

It was a fruitful day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment