Monday, July 23, 2018

2018.7.23

It was fine and very hot again. Today is taisho(大暑), one of nijyushisekki (二十四節気), the 24 solar terms. Taisho literally means big hot, and it actually became the hottest day this summer. At 241 places in Japan it recorded more than 35 degrees centigrade. It even went up to 41.1 degrees centigrade in Kumagaya.
To my lucky the office has air-conditioning and comfortable as long as we do not overwork.

July 23 is fumi no hi (ふみの日), Letter Day. Special stamps are issued. I used to buy these stamps, but these days I have seldom written letters, cards, and postcards, only when I travel or at Christmas or New Year's or very special occasions. Instead I write emails every day though I love to receive letters.

After work I visited the Fuji Film Square to see the exhibitions. One of my ISD friends got a prize and I wanted to visit last Friday when the exhibition started, but I was too busy to go. So I visited today. To my lucky I could see her who happened to change the schedule for today. She said the Japan Photographic Sciety has almost a century-long history and they have annual exhibition. This is the 91st exhibition. She has been a member for 18 years or so.
Congratulations on getting the prize!

If you have time, please visit there this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment