Thursday, June 11, 2015

2015.6.10

It was a long day.

I took a care leave today to take my father to the hospital for half a year examination. 

Since the appointment was in the afternoon, we went to my mother's graveyard in the morning after a long interval.  We usually go there during equinox weeks, near the death anniversary (May 10), obon, and year end or new year.  However I have been out of town during spring equinox week and the golden week, we could not visit, so we went there this morning.  It happens to be the death day of the month (tsukimeinichi: 月命日 ) because my mother died on May 10 and it is June 10 today.
After that we went out for lunch and shopping.
Then we went to hospital in Yokosuka.  It took about one hour to get there by car.  He needed to undergo ultrasound examination, and the result will be informed next week.
On our way back, I went grocery shopping at two stores and stopped at city office branch.
We came home around 4 pm.

I cooked dinner after a long time.
While eating, my father became in bad condition.  And I called an ambulance.  I felt very long until they arrived and took him to the hospital.  He was diagnosed as aspiration pneumonitis and had to enter the hospital for two weeks or so.  So I needed to come home again to bring the necessary goods to him.

One of the ambulance crews was my student, and one of the nurses was also my student when I was a teacher at a junior high school in this city.

I came home around 10:40 pm.

I hope he will get well soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment