Thursday, October 3, 2013

2013.10.2

It rained heavily in the morning.  When I got out from the room in the afternoon, it has already stopped raining and I saw the beautiful rainbow.

Today was the big day in Japanese traditional event.  The most famous shrine in Japan must be Ise Jingu (伊勢神宮) in Mie (三重).  Every 20 years they build the new shrine and transfer the god body.  This is called shikinen sengu (式年遷宮), and this year is the year and today is the day of the transferring the god body.  It is called sengyo no gi (遷御の儀).  And it was conducted from 8 PM.
This was the 62nd event from the year 690 and it's had 1300 years history.  Because of this event there are so many people who visit Ise Jingu this year.  And I was one of them.  I went there on June 9.  I could see both new and old buildings in a sense.
In Izumo taisha (出雲大社) it is also the year of sengu (遷宮).  They conduct every 60 years, and this year's event is called heisei no dai sengu (平成の大遷宮).
In Japanese shinto (神道) history this is the big year. 
I feel happy to experience such big events.

No comments:

Post a Comment