Thursday, September 5, 2013

2013.9.5

Early in the morning around 5:30 AM it thundered and started raining very heavily.  Many trains stopped because of the blackout caused by the thunderstorm.  So when the training began, there were only two thirds of attendance.  It rained heavily but stopped raining by the time we left in the afternoon.

After coming back home, I went to tea lesson after a 5-week summer vacation.  Today's decoration at the alcove was a fan which our 89 years old master received after climbing Mt. Fuji in July this year.  They say only completed climbers who are over 80 years are given that fan and he has some of them.  It is a white fan edged with gold and there are some letters written in gold which we could not read. 
I have climbed there once when I was 22 years old.  But once was enough for me.  It was very tough for me even in my 20's.  Therefore  I wonder why they can climb there so many times.  It is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment