Wednesday, April 11, 2012

2012.4.11

In today's newspaper I read an interesting article.
I have some friends whose name is Japon in Coria del Rio near Seville, Spain whom I have known since 1992 when I was working at the Japan Pavilion of Expo '92. They say there are about 800 of them, and they are descendants of Japanese Samurai who went there in 1614. The delegation is called Keicho keno shisetsudan (慶長遣欧使節団) and they were from Sendai (仙台), the north part of Japan. And today I was happened to be in Sendai.
The research team of Nagoya
University, Tokyo University, and National Institute of Genetics will make a cooperative research of analysis of their genome.
It's been more than 400 years but because of the progress of technology it became possible. Don't you think it is wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment