Thursday, March 29, 2012

2012.3.29

It was fine and Mt. Fuji looked beautiful.
I took a compensated day off because in Japan March is the last month for the fiscal year and we need to take this fiscal year's compensated days off within this month.
I had a very good day to do many things.
In the morning I went to the general meeting of stockholders (株主総会:kabunushi sokai)for the first time in my life. I have had a small amount of the stocks of a movie company for nearly 10 years but I have never attended the meeting. There were nearly 3,000 stockholders there. At the entrance we exchanged the tickets and got a bag of souvenir. In it there was a box of famous sweets and two free tickets of the movie. And with the entrance ticket you can see one movie today. That is just to attend you can get nearly the value of yen 7,000 or so. Isn't this wonderful?
They also offer tea or coffee at the lobby.
I knew the status of the company which is badly affected by the 3.11 earthquake. They passed a dividend (配当金:haito kin)this term.
I watched a movie. The theater was full because it started soon after the general meeting, they did not have to wait for a long time and they could see it for nothing.
I went to massage in the afternoon. I have had lower back pain so I am glad to have my body checked.
Then I visited one of my friend's laboratory and heard many interesting things. We enjoyed very delicious Chinese dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment