Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4月26日(shigatsu nijyuroku nichi): April 26

There was an earthquake at night.
I was at the Imperial Hotel to attend a meeting. There I had a chance to hear the speech of a successful business person who is 58 years old and has a dream to study at the graduate school 2 years later when he becomes 60 years old.
When I was in the WSU (Washington State University) I met some seniors who were studying for Master's or Ph.D degrees. In those days I did not know so many seniors in Japan who were studying at the graduate schools, maybe just a few of them. But how nice to have a desire to learn in such age!
After that I had a chance to listen to the Biwa (琵琶) performance for the first time. He played the Biwa and the contents were about the story of Japanese famous myth. It was so impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment