Saturday, January 1, 2011

1月1日(ichigatsu tsuitachi): January 1

Happy New Year 2011!! I hope you will have a wonderful year!

新年あけましておめでとうございます。(shinnen akemashite omedeto gozaimasu)今年もどうぞよろしくお願いします。(kotoshimo dozo yoroshiku onegai shimasu

When I was a child, I looked forward the new year to come because children get money gifts so-called otoshidama (お年玉). This is once a year chance to get extra money.
After becoming an adult, I look forward the new year's cards to come because new year's cards are gifts from somebody that think of me.

At this holiday season, we exchange the Christmas cards and new year's cards. I like to receive them a lot especially when they are written something personal. There are many people whom I contact only once a year, but still we feel we are connected. Thank you for thinking of me. I hope to keep in touch as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment