Saturday, October 3, 2009

The 2016 Olympics

The 2016 Olympics will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It will be the first Olympics held in the South America. Congratulation!
Chicago, Tokyo, Madrid and Rio de Janeiro were proposed for the 2016 Olympics, but Rio de Janeiro was chosen after three votes by 100 committees.
Until 2004 I have felt the South America was far away and I would not have a chance to visit there. So when there was a monetary crisis in Argentina, it seemed there was nothing to do with our direct life.
However I have circumnavigated the world by the 44th Peace Boat Cruise from Dec. 2003 to March 2004, I have visited some South American countries and felt they were rather close. I could not believe that I could visit there in my life.
There are still some places I would like to visit in the South America. I hope I can visit there near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment