Thursday, March 21, 2024

2024.3.20

Today is a national holiday called shunbun no hi (春分の日), Vernal Equinox Day. It is a day when the length of Day time and Night time are equal.
It is also one of nijushisekki (二十四節気), 24 solar terms. Last one was keichitsu (啓蟄) on March 5 and the next one is seimei (清明) on April 4.

It is also known as the New Year Day of the Universe.
 
It was fine at first, became cloudy, rainy, sleet, and became fine again, but very cold.

I wore kimono and headed for Hie jinja (日枝神社) shrine first and got together 5 people.

We went to Hotel New Otani to have lunch and enjoyed eating, drinking, talking, and listening to diagnosis of personality based on birthdate, birth place, blood type, the order of birth of children, and so on.
After that we walked around the Japanese Garden.

After saying good bye to them I went to Shinjuku to see the theater play. I saw two plays. Both were good.

After that my friend and I went out for dinner.

On my way home I took a wrong train.

It was a nice holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment