Thursday, November 23, 2023

2023.11.23

Today is a national holiday called Kinro kansha no hi (勤労感謝の日), Labour Thanksgiving Day.

I got up early to get on the first train to attend one day bus tour to Gunma and Tochigi from Shinjuku.
 
The meeting time was 6:45 am and the bus left at 7 am and came back around 18:45 pm. 
First we visited Omama and walked around the town including the soy sauce factory and enjoyed some Japanese sweets.

Next we took the Trolly train about 45 minutes enjoying the beautiful autumn of Watarase Vally.
 
We stopped at Kusaki lake for a short break and headed for Nikko.
There were two hours and a half free time. At first I was going to see the waterfalls I missed this summer. But after all I visited Nikko Futarasan jinja shrine where I have wanted to visit but missed this summer and Shiraito waterfalls and Takinoo jinja shrine after a long time.

After coming back to Shinjuku, I visited Hanazono Inari jinja shrine for the second cock market. It was so crowded.

I ate the noodle dinner.

I came back before 11pm.

It was a fruitful day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment