Monday, December 14, 2015

2015.12.14

It was cloudy.

After work I attended the open lecture of Dr. Chizuko Ueno(上野千鶴子) who is a professor of sociology and Japanese best-known feminist.
The title of the lecture announced was "Hikon desu ga sore ga nanika?(非婚ですが、それが何か!?), meaning "I am not married. What's wrong with that?" This is the title of her book published this summer.
But the title of today's lecture was slightly different from that.
It was "the reason of increasing unmarried people - future of modern family. "
It started at 6:30 pm and lasted till 8 pm. She introduced herself wearing Christmas tree ornament on the head.
Her lecture was interesting, informative, and attractive.  Inspite of the rather dark and heavy theme audience laughed and laughed.
This was the third open lecture for me to attend this series. There were most people attended.
After that her 50 books were sold there, and she autographed.
To my lucky I could buy one and get her autograph, what is more I could take pictures with her.

Since I have wanted to listen to her lecture for a long time, I am glad to do so.

Thank you, Professor Ueno.

No comments:

Post a Comment