Friday, February 6, 2015

2015.2.6

It was fine.

In the morning it was so cold that the windshield of my car was white with frost.

After work I went to Shinjuku to have dinner with my ex-colleague.
The name of the restaurant is Genpin fugu (玄品ふぐ).  There are many branches here and there.  And the one I tried to book was full till 8:30pm, therefore I tried other branches. They were also full at my desired time, and I booked the one from 7:30pm.
It's been about three years since I went there last.
Fugu (blowfish) dish is one of the most expensive seasonable dishes of winter.
One of the reasons must be the license.
To cook fugu, they need license.

We ordered the course menu of five dishes plus fried blowfish and softdrinks.
The reason we chose the restaurant and the reason they were so crowded was they have a once a year campaign of offering the raw blowfish called Tessa (ててっさ) just for yen 29 to celebrate fugu no hi (河豚の日), the day of fugu on February 9. February 9 is written as 2.9 which could be pronounced as fugu.
They have a campaign from February 1to 9 every year.

We enjoyed eating and chatting for two hours and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment