Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014.1.11

January 11 is known as kagami biraki (鏡開き), literally mirror opening.  But mirror means the decorated rice cake, kagamimochi (鏡餅) in this case.  We decorate rice cakes during new year's day, and we eat these rice cakes on January 11.   I ate these rice cakes as oshiruko (お汁粉), sweet red bean soup.

Today I went to Shinjuku to attend Morinda's monthly meeting.  I really think Morinda is a great company.  If you have a chance, please check the following site. 
truage.com/2891884/jp
You may have a chance to get a dream vacation.  The destination of January vacation is Tahiti.  December was Hawaii, and a Japanese won.  She looked very surprised to hear she won the prize because it seems she just applied last month after knowing another Japanese got the prize in November.

After the meeting I went shopping for my father's birthday present.  And I went to see a movie "Gravity."  I watched the 3D version.  In Japanese title, it was "Zero Gravity." I wonder how they shot the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment