Monday, July 22, 2013

2013.7.21

It was fine and hot.
Today is the election day of sangiin (参議院), the House of Councilors.  I went to vote in the morning with my father.  There are two votes:  one is for prefectural district for 146 seats and the other is for proportional representation for 96 seats.  Term is 6 years, but every 3 year half of them are elected.  In Kanagawa Prefecture there are 11 candidates for 4 seats.  Voting time is from 7 AM to 8 PM.  They start counting soon after that and almost every TV station deals with the result of the election until everything is fixed.  This year Internet campaign was introduced.

After that I went to my ex-boss's house to have a lunch party with ex-colleagues with whom I have worked until the end of March.  There were 14 people in total.  There were two new members who joined the organization in April and June.  We have enjoyed eating and chatting for 6 hours or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment