Monday, July 1, 2013

2013.7.1

A new month has begun.  July is shichi gatsu (七月) in Japanese.  Its old name is fumi zuki (文月).  Fumi means letter zuki means month.  Today I got a nice letter from my ex-student.  I happened to see her last month or so and I gave her a leaflet of my book.  She said she ordered my book soon and read it at a stretch and enjoyed reading it and was inspired to study more to make a dream come true.  I was so glad to hear that. 
These days we tend to read and write through emails, and seldom use letter itself.  Because email is fast and free.  But I really like to receive letters.  When senders use the commemorative stamps, I am very glad because they care of me.  So I also use the special stamps to send letters and cards to make them happier.
Today July 1 is yamabiraki (山開き), the day of opening of Mt. Fuji (富士山) to climbers.  Mt. Fuji became the UNESCO's World Heritage recently.  I have climbed there once when I was a senior.  I recommend you to climb there once if you have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment