Sunday, December 12, 2010

十二月十二日(jyunigatsu jyuninichi): December 12

I am still in Nagoya. It was fine and rather warm today.
I visited the Nagoya castle again. Last week there were 3 dressed up actors of generals of the Warring State Period of 16th century, but today there were 6 of them. Namely Oda Nobunaga (織田信長), Toyotomi Hideyoshi (豊臣秀吉), Tokugawa Ieyasu (徳川家康), Maeda Toshiie (前田利家), Kato Kiyomasa (加藤清正), and Maeda Keiji (前田慶次).  This performance group is called "omotenashi bushotai (おもてなし武将隊), entertaining generals formed to promote the 400th anniversary of opening the shogunate. There were many audience who came to see their performances.
Since I was with a tour guide, I knew what I did not notice last time such as the difference of the inner moat and outer moat. Near the castle there was a Noh play theater and inside there are exhibitions of Noh masks which were very interesting and free of charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment