Tuesday, August 24, 2010

八月二十四日(hachigatsu nijyuyokka): August 24

I went to the complete medical checkup. It is called ningen dock (人間ドック) in Japanese. Ningen means human being. So it is like a ship in a dock to check up, human being also goes to hospital to check up.
This is the first time for me to have this complete general checkup. First I had to change the clothing which they rent. An interesting thing was they gave us a pair of socks. They provided the lockers and safe deposits but also they offered the small bag for valuables.
It used to take a few days but it took about 2 hours to finish today. And I had to wait to hear the simple result. The detailed results will be sent in 3 weeks.
Another interesting thing was they gave us about yen 1,000 meal coupon instead of offering lunch. I did not expect neither of this, so I felt it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment