Wednesday, August 11, 2010

八月十一日(hachigatsu jyuichi nichi): August 11

The time of the Perseid meteor shower (ペルセウス座流星群:peruseusu za ryusei gun) has come. It seems from the 12th to 14th of August is the peak.
Tomorrow night if you are lucky, you may be able to see about more than 50 shooting stars in an hour in Japan.
When I was in Florida, whenever there were meteor showers, my best friend and I went to see them in the middle of nowhere. The one that wanted to see the shower more was I, but my best friend saw more stars than I saw.
I like to take pictures. I have a dream to take a picture of stars around the pole star (北極星:hokkyokusei) someday. I had the other dream to take a picture of midnight sun moving. I had tried in Barrow in Alaska, but could not get the one as I wished. Maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment