Monday, November 30, 2009

カメラの日(kamera no hi): Day of Camera

On November 30, 1977 Konica (a Japanese manufacturer of film, film cameras, camera accessories, photographic and photo-processing equipment, photocopiers, fax machines and laser printers) sold the world first autofocus camera "Jasupin" (Konica C35 AF). 1,000,000 pieces were sold for 2 years. To commemorate this, November 30 is called Day of Camera.
Since 1995 the digital camera has been popular. I like taking pictures. Whenever I traveled abroad, I used to bring about 5 cameras (1 single-lens reflex for wide-view pictures, 3 digital cameras - one for zooming, the other for snapshots another for video-taping, and 1 compact camera.) But these days for everyday life I only bring Panasonic D-snap with me. This was the gift from my colleagues of Panasonic when I left the company in 2003. It is very small and easy to bring. Many people are usually very surprised to see the camera for the first time because it is very thin and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment