Friday, May 8, 2009

誕生日(tanjo bi):Birthday

May 8 is my birthday. I have some friends and acquaintances whose birthday is the same as mine. So let me say "Happy birthday!" In Japanese it is "otanjobi omedeto (お誕生日おめでとう)." If you want to say it politely, it is "otanjobi omedeto gozaimasu(お誕生日おめでとうございます)."

There are three times in a year when I feel the beginnings. One is New Year's Day, Jan. 1, the other is April 1 the start of the new fiscal or academic year, and another is May 8, my birthday. This is the start of another year for me.

Last year I was in the hospital... The year before my colleagues had a birthday dinner, and my host mother had a surprise birthday party, which I was moved a lot.

I have already received some birthday cards, e-greeting cards, presents and so on, which are very nice because I feel somebody in the world are thinking of me. Thank you very much!

The most famous person who was born this day may be Jean Henri Dunant in 1828. He is the founder of the Red Cross, therefore today is the World Red Cross and Crescent Day.
Coca Cola was also born on this day in 1886.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday darling.Thanks for all the things we are learning from you and your culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear friend. Happy Birthday to You, too!!

    ReplyDelete