Wednesday, September 15, 2021

2021.9.15

It was fine.

I went to the nearby shrine before going to work as a ritual of the 15th day.

At work there were many things to do.
To my lucky I could attend Zen meditation lesson.

After work I went to see a friend after a long time and had dinner at an Italian restaurant where I went to last Thursday too.
We talked and talked. The restaurant closed at 20:00 and we have talked another 40 minutes or so outside.

September 15 used to be Respect-the-Aged-Day though it has become the third Monday of September since 2003. 

According to the newspaper there are 86,510 people who are over 100 years old,  88.4 % are women and men surpassed 10,000 people for the first time.  The oldest woman is 118 years old which is the world record, and the old man is 111 years old.
The average life expectancy for Japanese women is 87.74 years old and for Japanese men is 81.64 years old which are the oldest record in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment