Tuesday, December 17, 2019

2019.12.17

It was a slightly rainy day.

They say today is 100 day before the Torch relay for the Olympic starts from J Village in Fukushima on March 26. Many cerebrities will run too. About 10,000 people run through all the prefectures by unique ways for 121 days.
There are 220 days left until the Olympics starts.

There were some arrangements I needed to do today. Most of them were the first experiences. Each site is different, which was what I learned when I was in the USA as a JOI coordinator.

This is the third graduate school. The duty of each place is different. But the most important is communication. Tonight I had a chance to talk with faculty which was nice to know what they are thinking.

These days I had a few chances to see the visiting scholars from abroad. I am a bit surprised that most of them do not carry business cards.
Use of business card is popular in Japan in business world but maybe it is not so popular as before in academic world? Or it was just coincidence.



No comments:

Post a Comment