Monday, September 22, 2014

2014.9.21

It was a fine, beautiful autumn weather Sunday.

I went to Yokohama to join the wearing kimono lesson.  This is a ten class complimentary course offered by Kimono-Style Miya.  There is a lesson once in a month on Sunday for two hours and it takes 10 months to finish.  And at the last lesson we wear the kimono by ourselves and go out for dinner.  There were two classes today, from 11 am and 1 pm.  I took the morning class and there were 3 pupils today.  Since I have already learned how to wear kimono when I was young, I asked the instructor to teach me arranged ways of tying sash.  The first lesson is yukata (浴衣), summer casual kimono.  The sash is different from the regular kimono, and its width is about the half of regular one.  I learned two different ways to tie it.
After the class I went out for lunch for Japanese noodle, called soba (蕎麦).  There is a famous dish called Fujisan mori (富士山盛), which is about 1000g soba piled like the Mt. Fuji. The regular size is about 320g of soba, they say.
While I was studying at the course last year in Yokohama, many classmates often talked about Fujisan mori, I wanted to see it by all means.  I know I cannot eat it by myself so I went there with my friend.
After that we went to see a movie.  It was a Japanese movie titled "Shijyuku nichi no reshipi (四十九日のレシピ)" meaning the Recipe for the 49th Day Death Anniversary Ceremony.  It was a nice one.

After coming back I went to grocery shopping.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment