Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2013.4.2

What kind of Japanese culture do you know?  There is a very famous traditional Japanese culture called Kabuki (歌舞伎) which is a performing art played by only male actors.  Today its new history was opened.   The new Kabukiza (歌舞伎座) theater in Ginza (銀座) was finally opened after 3 years' reconstructing.   The formal opening of a new theater is called kokeraotoshi (杮落とし).   There were so many big stars played today, though two big stars (Nakamura Kanzaburo: 中村勘三郎 &  Ichikawa Danjuro : 市川団十郎) passed away suddenly last December and this February respectively.  Kabuki has about 400 years' history.  I only watched the live one for a few times.  I do not understand well but last time when I went to see them with Mongolian Japanologists I enjoyed a lot.  I recommend you to see at least once in a life time.

No comments:

Post a Comment