Saturday, November 26, 2011

11月26日(jyuichi gatsu nijyuroku nichi): November 26

It is a season for preparing the new year.
I have ordered the new year's post cards (年賀はがき: nenga hagaki) to be delivered at the post office and they were delivered today as I asked. Until last year there was a chance of getting a present for 50 postcards each, but this year it seems there is nothing like that.
I like to receive Christmas cards and New Year's cards to know how people close to me lead their lives. E-greetings are nice too, but I like to receive the hand-written mailed one best, though I cannot prepare many of them.

Today I was surprised to see the new year's decoration rice cakes (鏡餅:kagami mochi) at the supermarket. New year's cards are reasonable at this time, but foods seem a little bit early. Don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment