Sunday, November 21, 2010

十一月二十一日(jyuichigatsu nijyuichi nichi): November 21

I visited the Kirin Beer Factory in Namamugi (生麦). I usually do not drink beer, because it is bitter and I feel full when I drink it.
There was a reunion, and the person in charge chose that place to get together, so I went there. It was very more interesting than I expected. I knew many new things. Unfortunately the machines were not working because of the weekend, but I enjoyed visiting there, and tasting the non-alcoholic beer too.
The showcase of beer mugs reminded me of the journey in Germany. They have covers which we do not. Hops I remembered were bigger than I saw today. The date printing, filling beer into the tank, and recycling policy were especially impressive.
While we were tasting, the guide told us how to pour the beer into a glass. It takes time, but looked very delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment