Sunday, July 12, 2009

名古屋場所(Nagoya basho)

Ozumo Nagoya basho (大相撲名古屋場所), or July Grand Sumo Tournament has just begun. There are 6 Grand Sumo Tournaments in a year: January, March, May, July, September, and November.
July Tournament is held in Nagoya, Aichi(愛知). Therefore this tournament is also called Nagoya basho, literally Nagoya place.
I have lived in Nagoya from March to September in 2005 when there was Expo 2005. I have worked at the Andean Amazonian Pavilion of Expo 2005. This was the second Expo for me after Expo '92 in Seville, Spain.
Expo is like a miniature world. There are so many people from so many different culture and places. I have made many friends there and I still have contacts with some of them. Experiences and friends I had there are my treasure forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment