Friday, June 26, 2009

マイケル・ジャクソン (Michael Jackson)

The world super star Michael Jackson passed away suddenly. I heard the news from the radio first, and I could not believe that. In the morning TV news they reported that Farrah Fawcett died of cancer at the age of 62. In the noon TV news they reported Michael's death. The front pages of many evening newspapers were about Michael's article. I am now watching CNN reporting about him.
His album "Thriller" (1982) was sold 150,000,000 copies around the world and it is the world record. The total sales of his albums, singles, and DVD are said to be more than 750,000,000 copies.
I have been to his concert once when he came to Japan in 1987. It was held at the baseball stadium. I felt he was the real entertainer at that time. I enjoyed his music and dance very much.
I pray his soul may rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment