Tuesday, November 15, 2022

2022.11.15

It was fine.

November 15 is known as Shichigosan (七五三).
Families with daughters at the age of 3 and 7 and sons at the age of 5 usually visit shrines to wish their healthy growth. Usually those children dress up with kimono. They get some long stick candies called Chitoseame (千歳飴), meaning one thousand years candy.

I visited many shrines in Omishima (大三島) and Kotohira (琴平), but I did not see any celebration of Shichigosan.
Maybe they have already celebrated during the weekend.

Today l left the guest house around 8:30 am and visited Anaba jinja (阿奈波神社) shrine and Oyamatsumi jinja (大山祇神社) shrines including museums.

After picking up the suitcase I took a bus to Imabari and went to Kotohira by bus and trains. Unfortunately one of the casters of my suitcase was broken and I had a hard time here and there to move.
I visited the Kotohiragu (金刀比羅宮) finally.  Since I went up to Okunoin (奥の院), I missed the connection to my last train and decided to go back home by night bus from Okayama.

No comments:

Post a Comment