Sunday, July 17, 2022

2022.7.17

It was cloudy at frst but became fine.

I started the day early.
I checked out the hotel around 6:10 am and took 6:35 am train to Nara.

Today's destination is Tenkawa dai benzaitensha (天河大弁財天社), which is one of the fifth biggest Benzaiten enshrined shrine in Japan.  Others are in Miyajima in Hiroshima, Chikubujima in Lake Biwa, Enoshima in Kanagawa, and Kinkazan in Miyagi. I have been to all of them. So this is the last destination for the five biggest Benzaiten visiting.

There was the biggest festival in a year. Unfortunately I could not join the formal ceremony which only limits 120 people or so.

However I could participate in the fire ceremony  and Noh performance, which were really nice.

After that I went to Mitarai Valley to see some waterfalls, where are very beautiful.

After having dinner, my friend and I went to hot springs. There were so many people there.

I had a fruitful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment