Sunday, February 3, 2013

2013.2.3

I went to once a week grocery shopping in the morning.  I went to fill up my car too.  While I was in the USA, it was normal for me to do it by myself.  In Japan usually servicemen fill up the cars.  But today I filled up my car for the first time in Japan.  If you make a member's card, you can buy gas for yen 3 cheaper than non-members but it only applies for cash.
Today is setsubun (節分).  There are 4 setsubun in a year, because it means to divide the seasons. But we usually means the one before spring.  On this day we scatter parched beans to drive out bad luck by saying "鬼は外 福は内: oni wa soto fuku wa uchi" which means ogres out fortunes in.  After that we eat the same number of beans as our age to wish good health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment