Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12月7日(jyuni gatsu nanoka): December 7

Today I received a book and a calendar from my Peaceboat friend in Iwate (岩手). He used to be an art teacher and a principal of a junior high school. He has painted many pictures and had exhibitions. The book was the collection of his art works. And the calendar was one of the pictures.
Every year he used to make a big calendar, but this year there happened the Great Earthquake and he was also suffered and his situation was changed greatly. He lost his house. But the studio on the hill was saved. Calendar for 2012 is about the half size.
After the earthquake I could not contact with him, but I could see him again in October finally.
I am glad to see his works because some of them were made by the Peaceboat trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment