Friday, January 23, 2009

電子メールの日(denshi meru no hi): Day of E-mail

Jan. 23 is written as 1.23, and read as ii (1) fumi(23) in Japanese pun. Ii fumi is written in Japanese as いい文= good letter or E文=E-mail. Therefore Japan Electronic Messaging Association (then) decided Jan. 23 as denshi meru no hi (電子メールの日)Day of E-mail in 1994.
I did not know about the Day of E-mail at all, and I knew it by newspaper today.
I do not remember when I started using e-mail, but I have used e-mail since 1996 when I was at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington for sure. Since then E-mail has been very important means of communication for me. However I have been annoyed by SPAM or junk mails too. How about you?

In today's news I heard President Obama has been allowed to use Blackberry, and that he is addicted to it.

The 23rd of every month has been known as fumi no hi (ふみの日:Day of Letter) since 1979, and on July 23 (fumizuki fumi no hi) day of letter of month of letter every year commemorative stamps are issued.

No comments:

Post a Comment