Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2016.1.13

It was the coldest morning in this winter today.
Windshield was frozen.

I got a winter greeting card, kanchu mimai (寒中見舞い) today.
Usually those whose family had a dead person in a year do not send new year's cards for the next year. Instead they send mourning greeting cards, mochu hagaki (喪中葉書) to let the people know that they are in the mourning and cannot celebrate the new year therefore they refrain from greeting the new year.
If they received the new year's cards because they did not inform them, they write winter greeting cards during the cold season to say sorry for not inform them during December.

Today my friends who knew about my mourning by my mochu hagaki sent me the winter greeting card instead of new year's card.
I am glad to receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment