Sunday, May 26, 2013

2013.5.26

It was fine today.
There were many events today here and there. 
I participated in the event called "Yokosuka kaido Walk (Yokosuka 海道ウォーク)."  I invited friends to join me by Facebook, but nobody could join unfortunately.  I distributed the leaflet to some friends but they could not join either.  When I asked other friends by saying, "Yokosuka kaido walk," some people could not image kaido (海道) which means seaside road, but thought of kaido (街道) , highway or road.  There are many homonym in Japanese.
The registration time was between 9:00 to 10:30.  I thought there must be many people at 9 AM, so I left home after laundry.  When I got to the starting point, it was nearly 10:30.  At the first check point, there were volunteer guides and I listened to their stories which were informative.  I spent with them nearly 45 minutes there and started late, almost the last.
I visited some shrines on the way.  I arrived at the goal at 14:25 after having walked 16km (10 miles) and felt tired.  At the goal there were some ending programs such as ceremony, songs and dances. 
Today's lessons were "The early bird catches the worm (早起きは三文の徳:hayaoki wa sanmon no toku)" and "First come, first served (早い者勝ち:hayai mono gachi)."  Because the first 2,000 people got the souvenir ticket at the entry desk and got many presents.  Today there were more than 3,700 participants.
But there is another one, "There is luck in the last helping (残り物には福がある:nokori mono niwa fuku ga aru.)" Because I ate Yokosuka gunkan curry (横須賀軍艦カレー) there for yen 300 which was yen 500 earlier.
On my way to the station, I happened to see the festival in Yokosuka.

Today was senshuraku (千秋楽), the last day of grand sumo tournament in TokyoYokozuna Hakuho (横綱白鵬) became a champion again.  This is his 25th victory which is the third rank in history, and the 2nd complete victory straight and his 10th complete victory.
There was Nihon Derby (Japan Derby).  The horse named KIZUNA and rider Yutaka Take (武豊) won.  This was his 5th victory at Nihon Derby which is the most in the history.
Kimiko Date-Krumm (クルム伊達公子) became a champion at the Tennis doubles game of Internationaux de Strasbourg.  She is 42 years old.  It's great, isn't it?
Congratulations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment