Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Today is Halloween. In Japan it is not so popular as Christmas. How do you spend Halloween? What kind of costume do you wear? I only spent Halloween three times in the USA, but I have some memories.
First time was in 1996, in Washington State. I made a Jack-o'-lantern for the first time. We do not have such big pumpkins in Japan. Japanese pumpkins are small and their skins are very hard, so I thought it must be difficult to carve the pumpkin, but it was not. It was fun to make it.
Second and third times were in 2006 and 2007 in Florida. It is very hot there, it's easy for pumpkins to rot, therefore I did not carve. I joined the interesting lunch gathering of my host family's company. All of them dressed up. It was fun too.
Speaking of Halloween, I remember the movie E.T. which is one of my favorite. Recently I went to see four movies. I liked the Michael Jackson's "This is it" very much. He is a real entertainer. I miss him. I liked "The Time Traveler's Wife" too.

No comments:

Post a Comment